Reloadable Prepaid Cards give you complete flexibility. Add funds with cash, card-to-card transfer, mobile deposit, direct deposit and bank transfers.
- Make purchases online and in person
- Use anywhere debit cards are accepted
- Get cash back at Point-of-Sale
- Withdraw money at ATMs
- Buy your Prepaid Card online or in store
- Want to know more? Find out more about us
Receive Your Stimulus Package with a NetSpend Prepaid Card
The government stimulus package in 2020 is paying $1 trillion to Americans for support during the Covid-19 pandemic. Those with a direct deposit on file with the government will be paid first. If you don’t have an account for receiving a direct deposit, the government will send you a paper stimulus check – which could take up to five months.
A NetSpend prepaid card offers an alternative banking solution and the ability to receive your government stimulus payment much quicker via direct deposit.
How to Receive a Stimulus Payment via Direct Deposit with NetSpend
Buy a NetSpend prepaid card in your nearest Kroger Family of Stores
Register the NetSpend card and set up an online or mobile account
Receive your account/routing number
Provide the government with your new account/routing number – in place of receiving a paper check
Follow any government direct deposit instructions and receive your stimulus payment in your NetSpend account
Buying a Reloadable Prepaid Card?
Getting a new Prepaid Card is simple and convenient at Money Services.
Find your nearest location in the Kroger Family of Stores.
Get a temporary Prepaid Card.
Register your card online or call the 800 number.
When your permanent card arrives, activate it – your balance will automatically transfer.
Reloading your Prepaid Card
Reloading your card is quick and easy, though some fees or transaction limits may apply depending on the way you choose to add funds.
You can reload the following ways:
Take cash to any Kroger Family of Stores checkout lane.
Move money between cards in a Card-to-Card transfer
Photograph a check and send funds via Ingo Money
Transfer money from your PayPal account
Use a Reload chit
What cards can you buy through Money Services?
The Kroger Family of Stores give you access to a wide range of cards through Money Services. Each has its own benefits. Find out more about the types of Prepaid Cards available below:
NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card⊕
- No credit checks1
- No minimum balances
- No cost Direct deposit Get paid up to 2 days faster.2
- Reload at over 130,000 locations3
How muchWill I Pay?
If you’re still not sure about which card is for you, compare the associated fees below. Remember that the cheapest card may not be the best for you long term. Speak to one of our trained in-store team if you have further questions.
|Card||Card Art||Activation Fee||Cash Reload Fees||Max Monthly Fee||ATM Fee||Rewards||Direct Deposit||Mobile App||Email/Text Alerts||Overdraft Fees||Max Balance||Online Bill Pay Fee|
|Green Dot Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Card||$1.95||$4.95||
$7.95 – deducted
|Green Dot 5% Cash Back Visa® Debit Card||$1.95||$4.95||
$9.95 – deducted
|PayPal™ Prepaid MasterCard®||$2.95||$3.95||
$4.95 – deducted
|Does not offer overdraft||$15,000||N/A|
|NetSpend® Visa® Prepaid Card||$2.95||$3.95||
|Does not offer overdraft||$15,000||N/A|
What is Money Services?
Money Services is part of the Kroger brand. Fred Meyer and Dillon’s are just two of the 12 stores included in the Kroger Family of Stores. This means you’ll find Money Services locations all over the US.
Protecting your money is vital to us, whether you’re cashing a check, paying a bill or loading a Prepaid Card. Find out more about how Money Services is regulated or how we secure your transactions.
Top 5 FAQs
Where can I reload my Prepaid Card?
There are a number of ways to load money onto your Prepaid Card. You can buy and reload some cards online or go into your nearest Money Services to get a Prepaid Card. Find out more about reloading a Prepaid Card.
How do I find my nearest Money Services?
It’s easy to find your nearest Money Services location in the Kroger Family Stores. Our store locator tool is quick and simple.
How much does a Prepaid Card cost?
There is normally a small fee to activate and reload a Prepaid Card. Look out for promotions and offers to save money. More information about how much a Prepaid Card will cost can be found here.
Which Prepaid Card is best?
The right Prepaid Card for you depends on your priorities and how you want to use it.
Where can I use a Prepaid Card?
Most Prepaid Cards are accepted anywhere in the US that accepts debit cards. You can use them online and in stores, though fees may apply.
∴ The fee is waived for your first ATM withdrawal per month from an ‘in-network’ ATM that is part of the MoneyPass® ATM network.
1 Monthly and other fees apply. See card package for details.
2 Timing depends on deposit verification and when we get notice from your employer or benefits provider and may vary from pay period to pay period. But when we get it, you’ll get it.
***Green Dot cards provided by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association.
Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OPENING A CARD ACCOUNT: To help the federal government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, the USA PATRIOT Act requires us to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. WHAT THIS MEANS FOR YOU: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and your government ID number. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying information. Card activation and identity verification required before you can use the Card Account. If your identity is partially verified, full use of the Card Account will be restricted, but you may be able to use the Card for in-store purchase transactions. Restrictions include: no ATM withdrawals, international transactions, account-to-account transfers and additional loads. Use of Card Account also subject to fraud prevention restrictions at any time, with or without notice. Residents of Vermont are ineligible to open a Card Account.
- Faster funding claim is based on a comparison of our policy of making funds available upon receipt of payment instruction versus the typical banking practice of posting funds at settlement. Fraud prevention restrictions may delay availability of funds with or without notice. Early availability of funds requires payor’s support of direct deposit and is subject to the timing of payor’s payment instruction.
- Fee may be assessed by reload location and may vary from location to location.
- No charge for this service, but your wireless carrier may charge for messages or data.
- PayPal Transfers require a PayPal account and a personalized card, which arrives within 10 business days after activation of your instant-issue card. If you do not already have a PayPal account you will link to this Card, visit www.paypal.comto get one, or you may get one when you activate this card online. PayPal account required for certain features, but not to have the PayPal Prepaid Card. Transfers may not exceed $300 per day/$2,000 per rolling 30 days and are limited to the funds available in your PayPal account. Transfers may only be made in the name of a valid PayPal Prepaid Mastercard Cardholder. Only one (1) PayPal Prepaid Mastercard may be linked to one (1) PayPal account. PayPal Transfers cannot be reversed or canceled. The Bancorp Bank and Mastercard are not affiliated with, and neither endorses nor sponsors the PayPal.com online account to which various funding sources, including a PayPal Prepaid Card, may be linked.
The Netspend Visa Prepaid Card is issued by Axos Bank®, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The PayPal Prepaid Mastercard is issued by The Bancorp Bank, pursuant to license by Mastercard International Incorporated. The Axos Bank and Bankcorp Bank, Members FDIC. Please see the back of your Card for its issuing bank. Netspend, a TSYS® Company, is a registered agent of Axos Bank and The Bancorp Bank. The Netspend Visa Prepaid Card may be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. The PayPal Prepaid Mastercard may be used everywhere Debit Mastercard is accepted. Certain products and services may be licensed under U.S. Patent Nos. 6,000,608 and 6,189,787. Use of the Card Account is subject to activation, ID verification, and funds availability. Transaction fees, terms and conditions apply to the use and reloading of the Card Account. See Cardholder Agreement for details.
Mastercard is a registered trademark, and the circles design is a trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
© 2019 Total System Services, Inc.® TSYS® and Netspend are federally registered U.S. service marks of Total System Services, Inc.All trademarks and brand names belong to their respective owners. Use of these trademarks and brand names do not represent endorsement by or association with this card program. All rights reserved.