Limited Offer Tax Time
Load your tax refund check straight from the IRS onto a prepaid card for a quick, easy and secure way to process your funds.
Money Services – within the Kroger Family of Stores – is offering exclusive offers on prepaid cards this tax season.
Visit your nearest store with your tax refund check and our in-store associates will load your balance straight onto a prepaid card.
Why use a prepaid card?
Putting your tax refund onto a prepaid card gives you added peace of mind. You don’t need to carry large amounts of cash around or wait for a check in the mail.
Once your balance is loaded onto a prepaid card, you can use it to pay bills and make purchases in store or online!
Find your local store.
Access your 2021 tax refund quickly
Keep your money safe and secure
Spend your prepaid card balance however you want
What reloadable prepaid cards are available?
Activate any Green Dot or Netspend prepaid card and direct deposit your tax refund to access their exclusive offers. Get a $15 bonus when you activate a Green Dot card or enter the Netspend sweepstake for the chance to win $5,000.
Direct deposit is a quick and easy way to collect your tax refund.
Green Dot Cards
To enter, visit www.greendot.com/tax-reward and follow the instructions
Green Dot Visa® Prepaid Card
- Get your pay up to 2 days early and your government benefits up to 4 days early‡
- NO monthly maintenance fee when you direct deposit $500 or more in the previous monthly period, otherwise $7.95 per month
- No minimum balance required
- Use everywhere Visa® is accepted in the U.S.
Order your Netspend Visa Prepaid Card here!
Netspend® Visa® Prepaid Card
- Win up to $5,000 in our Tax Time Sweeps!*
- No credit checks1
- No minimum balances
- No-cost Direct Deposit and get paid up to 2 days faster.2
- Reload at over 130,000 locations3
How direct deposit works:
- Print your direct deposit process authorization form
- Log in to your account
- Click direct deposit
- Complete the form, including your account number
- Give the completed form to one of our in-store associates at your nearest Money Services location
How to put your tax refund on a prepaid card:
- Pick up a prepaid card from your nearest Kroger Money Services
- Enter the routing and account number onto your 1040 tax form
- Select “checking” as your refund type
- Once your tax refund is ready, it will be deposited and ready to use
You’ll get a range of benefits when you deposit your tax refund to your prepaid card, including:
Earn meaningful rewards towards free groceries and fuel savings
No credit check
No overdraft fees
Use your card anywhere debit cards are accepted
Withdrawing cash from a prepaid card
You can easily withdraw cash or your 2021 tax refund from a prepaid reloadable card from ATMs.
Simply set up a PIN when activating your card. There may be limits on how much you can withdraw, or a small fee for checking your balance and taking out money at ATMs. It’s always best to check when you buy your prepaid card or with the card provider directly.