Load your tax refund check straight from the IRS onto a prepaid card for a quick, easy and secure way to process your funds
Money Services – within the Kroger Family of Stores – is offering exclusive offers on prepaid cards this tax season.
Visit your nearest store with your tax refund check and our in-store associates will load your balance straight onto a prepaid card.
Why use a prepaid card?
Putting your tax refund onto a prepaid card gives you added peace of mind. You don’t need to carry large amounts of cash around or wait for a check in the mail.
Once your balance is loaded onto a prepaid card, you can use it to pay bills and make purchases in store or online!
Why prepaid cards are the best way to accept your tax refund
- Access your 2021 tax refund quickly
- Keep your money safe and secure
- Spend your prepaid card balance however you want
How to Enroll in Direct Deposit
- Purchase a Temporary Card in-store and register for your Reloadable Card
- Use your Reloadable Card to login to your account at krogerprepaid.com
- Click on “Direct Deposit”
- Print the Direct Deposit Authorization Form and complete the form using the “Direct Deposit Account Number” listed on the Direct Deposit page (this is NOT your card number)
- Take the completed form and provide it to your employer or payor
How to Direct Deposit your Tax Refund
- Login to your account at krogerprepaid.com
- Select Direct Deposit to locate your Routing Number and Direct Deposit Account Number
- Provide your Routing and Direct Deposit Account Numbers on the direct deposit screen in TurboTax, or add to your 1040 tax form to receive your refund directly to your card.
Choose one of the three cards below to Get Your $10 Bonus Plus Save Up to $20 off TurboTax
Netspend Prepaid Card Offer
This is your chance to win $5,000!1 Netspend will be giving away $25,000 in total prizes now through April 15, 2020.
How to Direct Deposit Your Tax Refund
- If you haven’t already ordered a Netspend Prepaid Card, that’s your first step. Be sure to activate your Card and verify your identity.2
- Select Direct Deposit on your tax form (or select the direct deposit option if filing online) to receive your refund when filing your taxes.
- Enter your Netspend Prepaid Card routing and account numbers in the designated fields, and choose “Checking” as the account type.
Subject to card activation and ID veriﬁcation.3
Netspend® Visa® Prepaid Card
Green Dot Prepaid Card Offer Free Bank Upgrade and $1,000 Sweepstakes
Register a Green Dot Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Debit Card and get a free upgrade to the Unlimited Cash Back Bank Account by Green Dot Bank. Plus, direct deposit your federal tax refund to any reloadable Green Dot Visa® Debit Card and be automatically be entered for a chance to win one of 50 $1,000 prizes!‡
Register for Green Dot’s Reloadable Prepaid Visa® Card today and get upgraded to the Unlimited Cash Back Bank Account:
- Unlimited 3% Cash Back on online and in-app purchases
- 3% Annual Interest/APY On Savings
- Free In-Network ATMs§
- Shop everywhere – anywhere Visa® is accepted
- Get ASAP Direct Deposit™ – no need to wait in lines and no fees to pay for check cashing
Withdrawing cash from a prepaid card
You can easily withdraw cash or your 2020 tax refund from a prepaid reloadable card from any ATM.
Simply set up a PIN when activating your card. Some cards have limits on how much you can take off at one time and some charge a small fee for ATM withdrawals. Most cards also charge for balance checks at ATMs.
You can also ask tellers at banks and credit unions to get cash back or use the cash back service at the cashier. Some cards can charge fees for this service – check with your card provider.
For more information on Tax Refunds, including the 2020 Tax Refund Calendar, please see our post.