Money transfers are a useful for a number of reasons. Whether it’s to pay for bills, send money to a loved one in the US or to someone at the other side of the world, transferring your money can be quick and easy.
It’s easy to set up a money transfer. The fees you’ll be charged will vary depending on how you want to send the funds, and how quickly you need them to arrive.
The good thing about money transfers is you’re in control. You get to choose the way your money is sent, when and how it is received, and how you want to pay for it.
How do I transfer money?
If you don’t have a bank account, you’ll need to send cash by visiting a provider like Money Services. Once there, a store associate will help you set up the transfer with just a few details, including:
- The receiver’s name
- Location – city/province/state and country
- The amount you want to send
- Your government-issued ID
If you have a bank account, you can also make a direct bank transfer between your accounts or to another account either in the US or abroad. With Money
Services, you can also use cash or card to send funds to a bank account via Western Union®.
What are the different ways to transfer money?
There are many ways to transfer money, including:
- Cash: If you don’t have a bank account, you can send cash through a money transfer service. At Money Services, you can quickly send funds anywhere in the world.
- Bank account: Transfer money through your bank account to another or, for cash pick-up, either online or in store.
- Money order: Purchase a money order with cash at your local Money Services and either send it through the mail or deliver it in person.
- Check: Transfer money across the US with a check, just bring the receiver’s name and amount you want to send. The money will not leave your account until the check is deposited.
How long does it take to transfer money?
As there are so many ways to transfer money, it is impossible to say exactly how long your individual request will take.
Sending money abroad will generally take longer than transferring within the US, and online can be faster than waiting for a money order to arrive in the mail or a check to clear.
In some instances, the length of time will depend on you and the receiver. At Money Services, you can choose how soon the receiver can pick-up the funds at one of the 500,000 Western Union® agent locations worldwide. All our payments are powered by Western Union®, giving you peace of mind that your money is handled securely.
If you’re unsure how long your money transfer will take, speak to a store associate and they should be able to help advise you.
Wanting to use your to transfer your money securely? Find out everything you need to know about setting up a transfer with our guide.