It’s easy to manage your money at Money Services.
Starting February 26, 2018, you’ll no longer need to fill out a Western Union® form to send money to someone important.
Just make sure you have your details ready for our friendly associates and we can help you do the rest.
What do you have to do?
Once you’ve found your nearest Money Services, it won’t take long to get going.
- Stop by and give the store associate the receiver’s name, their location, and the amount you want to send so the associate can set up the transfer.
- Choose how the receiver will receive the funds.
- You’ll be given a 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN). Make sure whoever you’re sending money to has this number so they can receive it.
- Give the fee* and amount to be sent to the store associate either as cash or using a US bank-issued debit card from the US.
- Tell the receiver the 10-digit Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) and the amount so they can pick up the cash – they’ll also need a photo ID.
If you’re already a My WU® member, provide the Money Services associate with your My WU number. You can also use the Western Union app to start your money transfer, then choose the, “pay in cash option.” Once you’ve staged your transfer on the app, you can go to the Money Services counter and provide the associate with the phone number you used to stage the transfer. It’s that easy!
The benefits of going formless
Going formless speeds up the whole process, so you’ll spend less time waiting in line.
With the new formless system and My WU® app, you can also:
- Keep an eye on your money anytime. The Track a Transfer feature lets you stay on top of your funds anytime, anywhere – giving you peace of mind.
- Estimate fees and exchange rates*. Fees and exchange rates vary depending on the type of service, where the money is being sent and whether you send online, on the app or at an agent location.
- Earn loyalty points. My WU members will earn My WU® points every time they send a qualifying Western Union Money Transfer®. Points can be redeemed towards great rewards like service fee** reductions.
The new formless system is easy to use and saves you time at the counter. It makes it simple to send money at Money Services.
* Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
** Transfer fee reductions apply only to the Western Union® transfer fee for a single Western Union Money Transfer® or Quick Collect® transaction. Excludes all other services, including without limitation, online bill payments and money transfers via social/chat applications. Western Union reserves the right to offer promotional discounts that cannot be combined with My WU® fee reductions.