Skip to main content

Inmate services – Probation, Parole, Court and Correctional Facilities payments

Skip to main content
Kroger Logo Fry's King Soopers Smith's City Market QFC Ralphs Gerbes
Bakers Dillons PayLess Fred Meyer Pick N Save Logo Metro Market Logo marianos logo harris-teeter

At Money Services, you can pay costs associated with your loved ones being in federal, state, and county correctional facilities. You can also pay costs after they leave jail. It’s easy to make these payments using our fast and convenient service. Visit one of the Kroger Family of Stores today to make a payment.

Pile of US dollar bills

What does

Visit your nearest Money Services payment center to make payments to:

  • Department of Corrections – a government agency responsible for imprisonment at state level, where prison fees are paid

  • Probation and Parole – a division of the Department of Corrections that supervises felony offenders on probation or parole, and any costs and fines due

  • Adult Institutions – correctional facilities and prisons that hold adult convicts and some teenage convicts

  • Department of Justice – a federal executive department responsible for enforcing and administering law and justice in the US

  • Federal Bureau of Prisons – a government agency in charge of prison safety and security

What type of inmates services

If you want to send money to an inmate’s commissary or calling account, visit our Send Money to Inmate page.

At Money Services payment centers, you can pay:

  • Legal fees – lawyer costs and statutory fees charged by a court

  • Probation payments – a flat monthly charge for supervised probation

  • Court fines – a fine that has to be paid as part of a sentence

  • Victim restitution payments – an offender’s court-ordered payment to a victim of a crime

  • Self-report fees – a charge for submitting a self-report form

  • Release cards – fees for the prepaid card loaded with money a prisoner has received or earned during their time in a prison or correctional facility

How to find

To find an inmate or their ID number, log onto the Federal Bureau of Prisons website and enter any one of these numbers:

  • BOP Register Number
  • DCDC Number
  • FBI Number
  • INS Number

Or you can try searching by the inmate’s name, race, age and sex.

Pile of US Dollar Bills

Sending money to

To send money to an inmate at a private facility, your first step is to contact the facility or contract operator. They will provide you with further details.

How to pay

Follow these simple steps to pay any inmate services costs:

  • Find the relevant inmate code

  • Take note of the inmate’s last name and the prison or correctional facility

  • Take note of the unique receive code

  • Bring this information to your nearest Money Services payment center

  • Complete a payment form when you arrive

  • Make your payment using cash or debit card

Federal Bureau

While our friendly in store associates will aim to help where they can, if you have further questions contact the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
Call 202-307-2712 between 8:00am and 4:30pm to find out about making payments to a private facility.

*Fees & limits vary by state. Check your local Money Services store for exact fees and limits in your area.

This retailer is an authorized delegate of CheckFreePay Corporation, Fidelity Express, Firstech, MoneyGram and Western Union pursuant to Chapter 151 of the Texas Finance Code, Subchapter E, Conduct of Money Transmission Business.

Kroger engages in the money transmission and/or currency exchange business as an authorized delegate of MoneyGram® Payment Systems, Inc. under Chapter 151 of the Texas Finance Code. If you have a complaint, first contact MoneyGram® Payment Systems, Inc., at 1-800-MONEYGRAM. If you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company’s money transmission or currency exchange activity, please direct your complaint to the Texas Department of Banking: 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX 78705-4294 1-877-276-5554 (toll free)

Back to top of page